Thursday 10 February 2011

A little introduction...

I thought for my first post I'd set the scene and introduce myself!! So here it goes!!
Okay, to be quite honest, there’s not much to say! Once the big day comes and goes, I will write a full “wedding report”, until then, here are the basics…
Myself and “Mr M” as I will call my lovely other-half, met back in 2009 at my workplace, whilst he was on a volunteering scheme as part of his full time job. It’s cheesy to say, but I knew from the moment we first spoke on that day, that something was going to happen between us.
We became “friends”and spoke in great lengths over the internet for over 3 months before we actually met up again, in February 2010. Dates were arranged, and I was thoroughly spoilt with meals and trips out to various places!
We do not however, have an “engagement story”. That is because Mr M and I, are currently “pre-engaged”. Before you think I am crazy for creating this wedding blog, it was actually him that suggested to me to start writing online, due to all the information I’d gathered since we became “pre-engaged” and starting researching what we wanted for our day!
With regards to being “pre-engaged”, as far as we are concerned, we know we will get married, so the only surprise left is the proposal itself, which I am leaving well and truely to him!
The main factor for us is budget – or lack of it! New jobs, being a student and too many romantic meals out, mean that our wedding will have be a modest affair.
This is partly why I began this blog. Primarily, I wanted to create a record of my wedding planning, making notes of the bargains I found and the ways I managed to shave pounds off the overall cost, whilst still holding the most perfect wedding I could want. However, this has now turned into a desire to help other brides in a similar situation and allow them to follow the progress, downfalls and triumphs that creating a DIY wedding brings!
I think the most important thing for anyone reading this is to remember that I do not work for any form of wedding company, I have no obligations to plug sites, products or services, I am just trying to plan a wedding whilst on a budget, and share tips, hints and cheats for getting what I want whilst not breaking the bank balance.
I love to hear other peoples comments, so please feel free to contact me, as they are always welcomed, and most definitely appreciated!!
Thank you for reading. xx

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and i am going to read the whole thing. I am engaged and have been since December 2011 and am getting married March 23, 2013. I am definately a budget bride. And looking to make some bride friends along the way.
    Sincerely ME. Cassandra Lynn James ( Hebert 2013 )

    ReplyDelete