Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hen do... What to do!

I’ve recently started thinking about what I’d like to do for my hen do; well to be honest I’ve focused more on what I DON’T want to do!

I really don’t like the idea of the typical hen do that involves drinking loads, clubbing, ‘L plates’ and all the rest of that stuff you see and hear about on TV. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that; perhaps if I was the person I was 6 years ago then that’d be right up my street, but since being with Mr M, I’ve changed, and I now couldn’t think of anything worse!

For my hen do I’d really love to go on a spa day; being pampered and having loads of treatments, followed up with a nice meal out somewhere, and then an evening of girly films and wine and cakes at home!

Alternatively I’d also love to have a craft filled day; learning something new like pottery, or spend a day on a farm learning how to milk cows – totally different to the spa day, but something I would like to do and something that would be fun to do for a hen do I think!

I wouldn’t mind going abroad for my hen do, but I would want it to be revolved around sightseeing, with perhaps some wine tasting courses, or cookery classes.

I will be getting involved with the planning of my hen do; I know my Chief Bridesmaid will want to organise it herself, but I am going to give her some hints, and make sure she knows what I really don’t want. I want everyone who is invited to have fun, so I’d prefer it was a ‘safe’ activity, rather than something that revolves around lots of drinking.

Whatever we end up doing, I’m sure it’ll be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment